Child Visas

A Child visa lets an eligible parent sponsor their child to live in Australia indefinitely. The parent can apply on behalf of a child younger than 18 years of age. An eligible parent is an Australian citizen, an Australian permanent resident or an eligible NZ citizen. The child can be inside or outside at the time of application but must be in that same location at the time of visa grant.

This is a permanent residence visa and allows your child to:

- stay in Australia indefinitely

- work and study in Australia

- enrol in Medicare, Australia's scheme for health-related care and expenses

- apply for Australian citizenship (if they are eligible)

- travel to and from Australia for five years from the date the visa is granted – after that time they will need another visa to enter Australia.

A Dependent Child visa is a temporary visa for the child of a parent who holds a temporary Partner visa that does not already include the child. If this visa is granted, the child also needs to make a permanent Partner visa application before the parent's permanent Partner visa is decided.

An Orphan Relative visa is a permanent visa which allows a child who is single to live in Australia with a relative if their parents are deceased, or can't care for them or can't be found.

If you are interested in sponsoring your child or an oprhan relative, we encourage you to contact our team at Migrate With Us.