Permanent Employer Sponsored Visas

Depending on your business needs, your business may be interested in sponsoring overseas skilled workers on a permanent basis. Outlined below are the two sponsored permanent residence visa pathways open to Australian businesses.

The location of your business and whether or not the person you are wanting to sponsor is a new or existing employee, will help determine which visa pathway is best suited to your business.

Employer Nomination Scheme 186 Visa

The Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS) visa is for applicants who are highly skilled, have relevant work experience and wish to reside in Australia permanently. The ENS allows employers to sponsor skilled workers to work in any part of Australia.

This visa involves a two-step process; a nomination by an approved Australian employer and a visa application by the skilled overseas worker. As part of your nomination application, you must prove that:

• Your business is active and lawful

• Your business has a genuine need for the position

• You will pay the applicant a market salary rate

Under the ENS visa there are two streams in which you can nominate an overseas employee, either through the Temporary Residence Transition Stream or the Direct Entry Stream.