Employer Sponsored Migration
Employer Sponsored Migration can be equally tricky for an employer and an employee.
With ever-changing regulations in this field, it is often hard to understand the basic eligibility to become a sponsor or be sponsored.
Check if you qualify!
Check if you qualify!
Training Visa – Subclass 407
Temporary Skills Shortage (TSS) Sponsorship Visa – Subclass 482
Employer Sponsored Regional (Provisional) Visa – Subclass 494
Permanent Employer Nomination Visa (ENS) – Subclass 186
The Training Visa enables businesses in Australia to sponsor workers so they can take part in workplace-based occupational training activities to improve their skills for their job, area of tertiary study, field of expertise or in a professional development training program in Australia.
There are 3 types of occupational training covered by this visa: * Occupational training required for registration * Occupational training to improve skills in an eligible occupation * Occupational training for capacity building overseas, which includes overseas qualification, government support or professional. .
The Training visa is valid for 2 years.
Temporary Skill Shortage (TSS) Visa
The TSS subclass 482 Work Visa enables businesses in Australia to sponsor skilled workers from overseas for temporary employment. The TSS visa is the ideal solution if your potential employee is overseas or if they are in Australia on a temporary visa.
TSS visa holders have full-time work rights, but they can only work for their sponsoring employer, in the approved nominated occupation for up to four years, unless another employer takes over their sponsorship.
The TSS visa is granted for up to 4 years, but it can be extended for more time after that if required. After 3 years of continuous employment, the business may be able to nominate the employee for a Permanent Employer Nomination Visa. In sone instances, your business may be able to do it even sooner than that.TSS visa holders can also bring family with them, and they can also work or study and travel in and out of Australia as often as required.
TSS Visa Requirements
1. Sponsorship The sponsoring business must obtain approval as a Standard Business Sponsor which demonstrates that their business is lawfully trading and operating within Australia. The SBS exists to protect overseas workers and ensures that the 482 program is being used to meet genuine skills shortages.
2. Nomination The sponsoring business must nominate the proposed position, which must feature on the relevant DOHA occupation list. The purpose of the nomination is to demonstrate that the position is genuinely required within the business, and that the salary being offered meets average market rates. Also as part of the process the business will need to satisfy labour market testing to ensure that no local Australian citizen or permanent resident could fill the position.
3. Visa The person being sponsored in the nominated occupation must have qualifications OR relevant work experience. They also need to demonstrate they meet the minimum English levels required, as well as health and character.
Employer Nomination (ENS) 186 Visa
The Employer Nomination Scheme (186) visa is for applicants who are highly skilled, have relevant work experience and wish to reside in Australia permanently.
The ENS allows employers to sponsor skilled workers to work in any part of Australia.
The ENS visa has 3 streams:
1. The Direct Entry Stream is for applicants that are formally qualified, or have sufficient experience in an eligible occupation or location.
2. The Transitional Stream is for 457 or TSS 482 Visa holders, who have worked for their nominated employer for 2 or 3 years.
3. The Agreement Stream is for applicants that are sponsored by an employer under a labour agreement.
ENS Visa Pathways
1. The Direct Entry Stream requires applicants to obtain a positive Skills Assessment in the position they are being nominated in and show evidence of having at least 3 years of full time (or equivalent part-time) work experience in the same role.
2. The Temporary Residence Transition Stream is for applicants who have worked for the same employer in their nominated occupation whilst holding a TSS visa for at least 3 years.
In both Streams, only applicants whose occupations are on the MLTSSL can apply. Althoguh there is some execptiond for those applicants who meet the transitional arrangements.
There is an age limit of 45 years and all applicants must satisfy the English Language, health and character requirements.
Work with us to ensure that your application is approved quickly!
Our registered migration agents have assisted a range of businesses with employer sponsored migration procedures.
We treat our business clients as partners and because we understand the risks, we know how to address them in your applications. Our tailored and individualized approach helps your business achieve the best possible outcomes.
As a business owner, you can expect to have a dedicated person to answer all your questions. We will take the time to get to know your business, operations and understand your industry. We will provide continuous advice about your unique employer sponsored migration program, including advice about sponsorship obligations.
We will make the whole process:
Simpler: Quite simply, we know what works and what doesn’t, so we will give you clear instructions as to what documents you need to provide. We will prepare your process your application properly and provide all the correct documents to the Department of Immigration.
More efficient: We will use our expertise to maximize your chances of a positive outcome and minimize processing delays, because we lodge decision ready applications.
Stress-free: We manage the entire process for you from start to finish! We will monitor your application until the Department of Home Affairs approves it and keep you informed of any developments and about any changes in legislation that may affect the outcome of your case.