Prospective Marriage (Fiancé) Visa
Fiancé visas are the most common of all the partner visas. This visa is the first of a 3 step process.
The 3 stages are – fiancé visa - temporary spouse visa - permanent spouse visa.
The subclass 300 visa is intended for couples who plan to get married onshore or offshore within the visa validity period (nine months).
After your marriage has taken place, you can apply for a Partner (subclass 820/801) visa which provides a pathway to permanent residency.
You and your fiancé(e) must:
• be at least 18 years old, and not be closely related
• be free to marry one another
• genuinely intend to get married within nine months of the visa grant date (the marriage may take place either in Australia or overseas)
• have physically met, and be personally known to each other
• genuinely intend to live together as a married couple
Importantly, you must be outside Australia both when your application is lodged, and when your visa is granted.
Our team at Migrate With Us have been successfully helping couples apply for partner visa for many years. So if you need assistance with your Prospective Marriage Visa application, let our experienced partner visa specialists help you.